What grips the heart will drive the actions (Proverbs 4:20-27); therefore we strive to instill within the heart of our young people a love for God, His righteousness, His Word and His will. Every opportunity with our children will be aimed at reaching and molding the heart for God.
The children’s programs of FBC are intended to supplement, not replace, the role of the parents in the spiritual nurture and training of their children. Participation in an age-specific class or ministry is at the discretion of the parent. Parents are always encouraged to worship with their children and take the lead in all spiritual and biblical instruction.
Every youth ministry or activity will have as its goal the instruction and application of biblical truth.
- The Bible is not taught as a series of stories but as the truth of God.
- Music is neither about entertainment nor motivation, but about worship.
- The world is our mission field, not our model. Pop culture is understood but not emulated.
Specific children’s ministries
- Offered during every service for children up to 3 years old.
- Sundays at 9 a.m. during the sermon only; for ages 3-7.
- Sundays from 10:45-11:30 a.m. We have individual classes for 3-5-year-olds, 1st-3rd grades, 4th-6th grades, and teens.
- Sunday evenings during the school year (Sept.-May) from 6:00-7:30 p.m.; age-specific activities for children 3 years old-6th grade.
- Annual community outreach held in August.
- Teen group meets during Sunday school (10:45 a.m.) and during the evening service (6 p.m.). During the summer, the teens meet on Wednesday nights at 6:30 p.m. instead of Sunday evenings. They also have various activities throughout the year.