Believing that First Baptist Church is the work of God in the community of West Bend, this body exists to exalt our Lord through vibrant worship, to edify the believers through purposeful work, and to evangelize the lost through a compassionate witness.
The vision of First Baptist Church is carried out through the following:
The Bible is our uncompromising standard of truth, to be taught and preached accurately and in its entirety (2 Tim. 3:16). Our music is biblical and conservative in nature, directing our focus upon God (Col. 3:16; Eph. 5:29). The joyful, sacrificial giving of our lives to Christ (our service, resources, and time) demonstrates our love for Him and His worthiness (Rom. 12:1). Through prayer we commit ourselves to God, giving Him praise and thanksgiving (Phil. 4:6).
The church exists to edify believers to do God’s work (Eph. 4:12). Each ministry at First Baptist Church focuses on meeting people’s needs. We minister to our church family through biblical education, personalized discipleship, and warm fellowship; encouraging each member to rejoice in his/her own function within the church. We also endeavor to meet the needs of our community, with the desire of showing Christ to an unsaved world.
We are commissioned to reach the lost in West Bend (and the surrounding area) with the Gospel through individual witness, evangelistic church ministries, and local church-planting projects. We also have a burden for worldwide missions, with a primary focus on church planting. (Matt. 28:19; Acts 1:8).
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” ~Matthew 6:21
These are the core values that compel us
- We are passionate about the Supremacy and Sovereignty of our Lord
- We are passionate about the Word of God
- We are passionate about the local church
- We are passionate about sincere worship
- We are passionate about personal and corporate prayer
- We are passionate about personal discipleship and spiritual growth
- We are passionate about personal evangelism locally, regionally, and globally
- We are passionate about strong families
- We are passionate about intimate Christian fellowship
- We are passionate about excellence and grace in all we do