If you were to read through the book of Romans, you would be blessed by one of the greatest expositions of the Gospel message. Paul dives deep into truths of all that God has done for us in giving His Son to pay for sin. After giving a complete picture of God’s work in saving us from sin, Romans 12 then deals with the question of how we should respond to all that God has done to give us salvation. Romans 12:1 says we are to present our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is our spiritual worship. Because of all that God has done for us, we then give all our life to Him as an act of thankful worship.
We often only think of worship as the singing time we do as a church on Sunday morning, but Scripture shows that all of our life is worship to God. One area that we often struggle with, but are called to worship our God through, is through our resources. Throughout Scripture the Bible instructs us but also commands us to be good stewards of what God has entrusted to us. In different stages of our lives, we face different financial challenges. We only have to look as far as God’s Word to find the answers to the many difficult questions dealing with money.
It is because of this reality that we will be hosting the Life Financial Group to conduct a 3-day Stewardship Lifestyle Seminar, providing us with useful application for Biblical Stewardship. Below you will find the schedule for our three days together.
Sunday, October 16, 2016
- 9:00 a.m. | Sunday Morning Service – “Biblical Sequential Priorities” (Haggai 1)
- 10:30 a.m. | Sunday School – “A Call to Proactive Parenting”
- 4:00 p.m. | Afternoon Session – “Cash-Flow, Budgeting, and Debt Elimination”
- 5:15 p.m. | Church Dinner – provided by the church
- 6:00 p.m. | Evening Service – “A Biblical Call to Wise Stewardship” (1 Timothy 6:6-19)
Monday, October 17, 2016
- 12:00 p.m. | Senior’s Luncheon – “12 Dangerous and Costly Mistakes in Retirement”
- 6:30 p.m. | Evening Session – “Financial, Tax, and Retirement Planning”
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
- 6:30 p.m. | Evening Session – “Estate Planning from a Biblical Worldview”